Nowadays, more and more people focus on vaginal health, especially for those with sex intercourse. Vaginal health is an important part of a woman’s overall health. Vaginal problems can affect your fertility, desire for sex and ability to reach orgasm. Ongoing vaginal health issues can also cause stress or relationship problems and impact your self-confidence.
What affects vaginal health?
1.Sex. Unprotected sex can result in a sexually transmitted infection. Forceful sex or an injury to the pelvic area can result in vaginal trauma.
2. Certain health conditions or treatments.Such as endometriosis and pelvic inflammatory disease, might cause painful sex. Scarring from pelvic surgery and certain cancer treatments also can cause painful sex. Use of some antibiotics increases the risk of a vaginal yeast infection.
3. Pregnancy and childbirth. If you become pregnant, you’ll stop menstruating until after your baby is born. During pregnancy, vaginal discharge often increases. Vaginal tears are relatively common during childbirth. In some cases, an episiotomy — an incision made in the tissue of the vaginal opening during childbirth — is needed. A vaginal delivery can also decrease muscle tone in the vagina.
4. Psychological issues. Anxiety and depression can contribute to a low level of arousal and resulting discomfort or pain during sex. Trauma — such as sexual abuse or an initial painful sexual experience — also can lead to pain associated with sex.
What are signs of vaginal problems?
Normally below signs appear, it may hint problems on vaginal. It is better to go for doctor for inspection.
- A change in the color, odor or amount of vaginal discharge
- Vaginal redness or itching
- Vaginal bleeding between periods, after sex or after menopause
- A mass or bulge in your vagina
- Pain during intercourse
How to keep my vagina healthy?
Follow below steps which can protect your vagina greatly. You can take steps to protect your vaginal health and overall health. For example:
Be sexually responsible. Use condoms or maintain a mutually monogamous relationship with a partner who’s free of sexually transmitted infections. If you use sex toys, clean them after every use.
Get vaccinated. Vaccinations can protect you from HPV, the virus associated with cervical cancer, as well as hepatitis B — a serious liver infection that can spread through sexual contact.
Do Kegel exercises. Kegel exercises can help tone your pelvic floor muscles if you have prolapse, leaking of urine or weakness of the pelvic floor. Our bodies change with our lives from childbirth to getting older, but there are ways to give ourselves vagina rejuvenation. Exercises to tighten the vagina include pelvic muscle exercise can help with the bedroom but can also help with embarrassing conditions such as leaking urine or pain in the pelvic regions. The vagina muscle can be strengthened with a few daily exercises. You can do exercises without assistance. Greenbaby designed many different kegel balls, love eggs. Take BS036 as example, with 5 different weights(40g/60g/80g/100g/120g) ,very helpful for beginners.
Know our medications. Discuss medication use and possible vaginal side effects with your doctor.
Limit the amount of alcohol you drink and don’t smoke. Chronic alcohol abuse can impair sexual function. Nicotine might inhibit sexual arousal. Substance abuse might also cause poor physical and mental health, which can affect sexual function.
Post time: Aug-11-2021